Thursday, October 23, 2008

Random Meanderings of a Distracted Mind

1. I've been a bad blogger. But in my defense, for three whole days I was here:


With these fun gals:


Working on this:


And making these:



The CX Crop was a blast. Amy and crew did a wonderful job and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here's a shout out to my girl Shell who drove me all over the place even though she drove here from Colorado...what an awesome gal! Can't wait until I get to see my new friends again.

2. U.D.O.T... aka the Utah Department of Traumatization.

UDOT has decided that all the freeway overpasses in my neck of the woods need to be replaced.

Simultaneously.

While UDOT has been receiving praise on their "low-impact" method of tearing up every freaking on and off ramp I use, it has been getting increasingly hard for me to get anywhere. Not only are many of the on ramps now closed, the alternate side streets that I would use are also under construction. If (rather WHEN) UDOT closes the on ramp that I am now using, my 12-15 minute commute will instantly become a 30-40 minute disaster.

I know that what they are doing is important, but for people who live where I live and work where I work, I'd hardly call it "low-impact." Certainly, doubling my commute time isn't "low-impact, particularly when I can't leave earlier as I drop off children at school on my way and they are only allowed to be on the school grounds 10 minutes before school starts.

Sigh. Low-impact isn't a term that should ever be used for road construction or Sweating with the Oldies.

Seeing Richard Simmons prance around in nylon shortie shorts has impacted me for life.

3. My Boy Josh

is TWELVE. That's pretty huge around here and I feel like we've let him down a little. For Isaac's birthday, we were able to take the boys to lunch and pick out Isaac's gerbils, which was a really big deal. It didn't work out that way for Josh's birthday...and the lack of photos here also means I forgot to take my camera.

I suck.

Here's to my little man. He is AMAZING. He is smart. He is kind. He is always willing to do what I ask. He is sensitive and thoughtful. He is intuitive. He is good at so many things and has many, many talents.




Here's to you, Joshua. I love you to pieces.






19 comments:

Jim said...

Josh is a fine young man with great potential. It is hard to believe he will be a teenager in a year.Time marches on.

Jill said...

I love the pages you have done. I can't believe how much Bre (your oldest right sorry my mind is blank) looks like Amy in that picture. Crazy! You take some great photos!

Kristy said...

HA HA! Love your interpretation of UDOT. We're feeling the "low impact" around here as well, with the Redwood Road renovation.

It really was so good to see you for lunch today. You're such a great person and that Sadie girl...sheezie...she's a cutie!

joybear said...

Glad you had fun!! Hope they hurry up with the repairs....um yeah right like that will ever happen..quick to close slow to open.
I bet Josh had an awesome day just the same...you are not bad!

Tara Bennett said...

Your blog is darling and I love your scrappin abilities!

Anna Lefler said...

Omigosh, those are awesome! Wow... I am soo behind on everything around here involving photos and albums and the like. * sigh *

And, yes, chicken skin RULES!

:^) Anna

PS - Have a great weekend...

Stampin' Meg said...

What a blast we had in Utah- so sorry about all the road construction ACK!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

WOW! Those pages are GORGEOUS!! Looks like such a wonderful time!

~melody~

The Sutton Family said...

Hey you...yes, I know you've been asking about Cam. He's doing okay. We will be scheduling surgery for his eye in a few weeks, so I'll let you know when it'll be. As for now, he's coping with it just fine. I've given him the nicknames "blind kid" and "Ralphie" (the kid from A Christmas Story), but he really is doing great, all things considered. Thanks for askin!!

As for the girls night...ya silly thing you, it was for the girls in my WARD. Don't get all bend outta shape, lady. Yer still my best girl!! We GOTTA do a girls night of our own. Wanna go see Twilight??

HeatherC said...

Seeing Richard Simmons prance around in nylon shortie shorts has impacted me for life. Okay that is hilarious.

And no you don't suck. You are human. I know you feel bad about forgetting the camera, but it has happened to the best of us. I have a little boy that tugs at my heart strings as well.

lynette355 said...

guess what?
you have a mystery to solve?
go to
http://theysayimnuts.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-first-award.html
and pick up your AWARD.
Yes, even though you don't really know me, I picked you as my fav new blog to read (and dance too). So go and get your award and enjoy it to your fullness.

WheresMyAngels said...

I'm so lovin those scrap art. Great job! I know my sister attended an event in KC a week ago, or was it St Louis? Not sure.

WheresMyAngels said...

Oh forgot to add, I put a Mr Linky up on my 80's Day post if you want to participate :)

Lisa said...

Loved the pages! You are little miss talented! I will be right there with you on the UDOT thing (I liked your T, BTW) when the FrontRunner and other arterials construction starts in my neck of the woods.

Andrea Amu said...

Sorry about UDOT and all the construction taking place at the SAME time. Sounds an awful lot like Penn Dot! ;)

Glad you had fun in Utah with the crew! Still wish I was there, but maybe another time!

wendyp said...

Mer, loving your music!!!

Looks like you gals had a blast at the crop! Your layouts rocked!

Fink said...

You all look like you had a great time! Great job with your projects!

Elizabeth said...

I love your pages and how much fun you had! Makes me seriously want to come next year myself!!!

some kind of wonderful said...

aww...looks like you guys had a blast! wish i could have gotten away!