1) I can't find my wallet. That, in itself, is a fairly common occurrance. But still, it gives me anxiety until it's found because I have all these mental images of someone cleaning out what's left in my checking account by going hog wild at McDonalds. I really need to pay attention to where I put things....
2) DD is going to Raging Waters today for school (my tax dollars at work!). She tried to leave for school using her swimming suit as a top--(it's a tankini.) I may be the most unhip mom to a teenage girl in the world, and I realize she will be wearing said top AT Raging Waters in full view of all the same boys she would have seen at school, but there was something just not. right. about wearing it TO school...even though she'd be leaving for the water park around 10. Was I right? Wrong? Discuss.
3) I have GOT to stop staying up so late.
4) Tonight is the kiddo's first big dance recital. I'm nervous for them and excited for them at the same time. I'm worried about Ike in particular, because, even though he's learned a lot REALLY FAST (they've had 2 months to learn what the other kids have been working on since January,) I can tell he's still hestitant and unsure about where he's supposed to be for some of the songs. Add to that the fact that the teacher hadn't even GOTTEN to practicing the last two songs until last week and I'm a nervous wreck. Plus, Sadie hasn't ever performed this stuff before and at the last practice she looked so DONE with it all. LOL! Crossing my fingers that it goes of with nary a hitch.
5) One of my dear friends and former teaching partners gave her notice and will not be returning to teach next year. This makes me SO sad...she is really the only person there who made an effort to be my friend on a personal level. (I love all the ladies there, but I always have a hard time *fitting* into established groups. I seem to linger on the outside fringe.) Janice just....made me feel like she liked ME because she wanted to, not just because she worked with me. I will really miss her.
6) ACKK! I have a new mini project and I'm not sure how to start. At church, I'm the primary president (which means I'm in charge of Sunday School for the children under 12.) A few weeks ago, the father of two of the children committed suicide. (He'd been in and out of jail, and had problems with drugs.) I always have my camera at our activities, and had snapped a few of this dad at the last one where he wanted to come along. After the activity, I had posted a collage on the bulletin board that included one of those pictures. Yesterday, his sweet son (10 years old and very quiet) pulled me up to the bulletin board, pointed to the picture of his dad, and asked if he could have it when I was done. I told him I'd make him a big one (this one was just wallet size as part of the collage.) Then his younger sister asked if I had one of her and her dad too. Turns out that this family really doesn't have any family pictures at all.
Anyway, I went home to see what I have. I'd love to do a little album for them since I don't think they have pictures at all...I don't think they even have school pictures. But I'm not sure what to include or how to go about it, since it would be just pictures and no journaling. Unfortunately, the only pictures I have of the daughter and her dad have her talking to him, with her back to the camera. It literally breaks my heart.
I guess that's it for this bright sunny day in which my daughter is NOT wearing a tankini top to school. Thanks for stopping by! :)