Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Beginnings

So. Now that anyone who had ever read this has given me up for dead...I have a new desire to start again.

Depression sucks. That's all I can say. Depression when you're a mom of four and have two jobs REALLY sucks. Depression when you're a mom of four, have two jobs and have just reached the dreaded "mid-life" stage can be devastating.

But guess WHAT? The time for wallowing has passed. I have a new desire...as well as nifty prescription drugs...and I want to make a change.

I've decided my brain is something like a hamster wheel.

Once it gets going...it just keeps going and going in the same way in the same direction and never reaches anywhere. If I let it focus on the things that make me sad..my hamster wheel goes faster and faster until it falls off the holder and runs into the wall of the cage.

Up until now I think I have primarily lived my life by default...I have let it run me into the ground.

So...there will be new changes on this blog. A new look...a new focus.

Each day...I am going to accomplish...something.

I may not get here everyday...but I hope to be able to share these baby steps with you.

Maybe...I can babystep myself out of this rut and live the life that I truly want.

1 comment:

Hygge Man said...

The blog looks great! I wish only the best in your new direction! Take care.