So...I joined the Facebook revolution and in the week or so I've been on, I've been tagged several times to do this list of 25 "random things."
Reading it...I sorta sound like a downer. And like it's "all about me." (Which, incedentally, I tell people quite often, but as a joke. Because when it becomes all about me, I tend to freak out a little.)
Things are going on with me, myself and I that have me...reflecting. Wondering how I got to the point I'm at and where I go from here. I know some people think I've been offended, and actually, that's not the deal at all. I've had things going on in my head for a long time, and now is good a time as any to try to reconcile a few things.
Anyway...keep all that in mind as you read my 25 random things, which aren't nearly as witty or amusing as I usually like to post. I'm not feeling particularly witty nor amusing at the moment. I will, however, leave you with my new favorite quote from "Good Omens" by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: "Heaven has no taste...and not one single sushi restaraunt."
Here are my 25 *random* things:
1. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I hate it. Even though I tell myself that I don't want to share what's going on in my head (stress, whatever) it always, ALWAYS finds its way out. I am QUEEN of the overshare.
2. I can get really annoyed/mad at someone, but I don't hold grudges/stay mad. Though I don't forget, either. ;)
3. Everyone thinks that I'm an extrovert, because I can be very animated and loud in a group, but it's something that I've had to learn. My natural inclination is to be home curled up in a chair. I have to force myself to socialize. I feel very awkward in one on one situations.
4. I have an unnatural aversion to talking on the phone. I don't enjoy it and always want to get off quickly.
5. I overthink everything. Overanalyze it. Read things into it. And then stress over it.
6. I've always wanted to teach, ever since I was little. I teach pre-k now, but would really like to get my degree to do kindergarten.
7. I scrapbook, but it's not a natural talent. I have to work at it and I'm always unhappy with the end result.
8. I'm cynical. And I still get caught off guard when someone does me wrong.
9. I love to read...mostly sci-fi or fantasy. Terry Pratchett tickles my funny bone.
10. I used to be considered an excellent writer. Sometimes when thngs are quiet, I write in my head: usually snippets of books or letters to people who have hurt me. But I never committ anything to paper.
11. I often imagine I'm anyone else but me. That's why Halloween's my favorite holiday and why I love murder mystery games.
12. I have this fear that if someone attacks me, I won't be able to scream. It bothers me so much that I dream about it a lot...and one time I actually screamed in my sleep.
13. I prefer Jacob over Edward. Edward's a wuss.
14. I also have a fear of being in a car underwater. I have nightmares about it.
15. I love to try new foods from different countries. As long as it's recognizable and doesn't have tentacles or fur still attached.
16. My pet peeves: people who drive while on the phone, people who don't return emails/phone calls, and people who cut in line. At some point, I've been guilty of all of these.
17. I prefer honesty over lies, even if the truth hurts. But I don't always want/need to know if someone's trashing me behind my back.
18. I used to be really athletic: I ran track, played soccer and did some gymnastics. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't fully pursue one of these.
19. My other biggest regret is that I didn't apply myself in school and chose to just skate by.
20. I have strong convictions, but that doesn't mean that I can't/won't change them. My gut instinct is to play devil's advocate, which makes people think that I'm shutting them down when I'm really exploring all the options.
21. Connectng with old friends has been really exciting for me!
22. My favorite movie is Serenity and my favorite line is "Shiny. Let's be bad guys." My second favorite movie is the Rundown partly because I think The Rock is hot.
23. I also think Vin Diesl is hot...even if he is a jerk.
24. I wish I could sing like my sister Keri, write/paint like my mom, manage my money like my dad, be cool and good lookin' like my brother Dan, keep in touch with people like my sister Becky, and take life less seriously like my brother Nick.
25. I have had my wallet stolen...twice. One of them was a good old fashoined mugging.