Friday, March 28, 2008

So much like me.


I did this layout for a contest at Scrapstreet. The challenge was to look at the photos of the Paris Fashion show. I've always loved black red and white, so when I saw an outfit in those colors I knew I had to use it for inspiration.

So...browsing through my pictures I found this one of Isaac. In so many ways, he's just like me. He just feels things deeply. Last year for his birthday we got him a pet mouse, who, for some unknown reason, died after a month. He had named her "Beautiful." My poor boy was absolutely heartbroken. For months he'd tear up at the mention of her, and often drew pictures of her.

He's funny, because I know he gets belligerent to try to cover up his tender heart. He wants the approval of his brother SO much, and I don't think his brother realizes how his little corrections hurt Isaac. All Josh sees is that Isaac is constantly pushing his buttons.

I love this kid. My heart aches for this kid. I hope that someday he will be able to feel confident and sure of himself.

My sweet, tender-hearted boy.

4 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

wow- that is a COOL LO- great color combo, Mer.

Fink said...

Love the colors! Good luck

Jen Gallacher said...

Love the dramatic color scheme. :)

Suzanne said...

LOVE, LOVE that color combo! great layout girl...what an adorable young man you have there!